Smudgink Ink on Stamps/Stampers (3 messages0 Marcia Tuttle 07 Aug 2002 13:41 UTC

----------1
Date: Tue,  6 Aug 2002 23:45:14 EST
From: "dan" <dan@riverofdata.com>
Subject: Re:      Smudging Ink on stamps/stampers

Use labels of an appropriate size.  Prestamp them, or have them preperintd by
computer.  Use permanent labels and they'll really stick, and they can have the same
or even more information.

dan

----------2
From: vtaffurelli@nypl.org
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 08:32:30 -0400

Jeanette,

At a previous place of employment, we created a property label template in
MS Word which automatically inserted the current date.  Everytime the
template was accessed, it contained the current date.  When all the issues
had been checked in, sheets of dated property labels were printed and
affixed to the cover of each issue.  This proved very successful.  Issues
were shelved alphabetically by title so there was no need to put call
numbers on issues.  I wish that were an option where I currently work.

Virginia Taffurelli
Head of Technical Processing
Science, Industry and Business Library
The New York Public Library
188 Madison Avenue
New York NY  10016-4314
Phone: (212) 592-7234
FAX: (212) 592-7233

Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 09:28:46 -0400
From: "Rouillard, Marilee" <mrouilla@keene.edu>

I have had a problem with the new ink that we got this summer.  It is thicker and
goes on gooey.  I only use it on newspapers.  The other pads I use are old (Carters
by Dennison) and we don't ink them.  They work fine on the inner page--no smudge or
imprint on the facing page. I put an imprint on the cover only for 'looks' and try
to use part of the label.