Re: Question about "managing ejournals more closely" Rick Anderson 16 Aug 2002 15:17 UTC

> Rick mentioned that they devote
> themselves to managing the ejournals more closely - what does this entail
> exactly?

At this point, it mainly means that I've been able to redirect most of the
work of one of my staffers to things like registering for free-with-print
access, responding quickly to reported access problems, sending our IP
ranges to publishers, formulating local 973 fields for the Catalog Dept.,
etc.  These were processes that tended to fall through the cracks when the
person in this position was focusing on tracking frequency changes of print
journals, analyzing "problem" issues, detecting samples and what we call
"Mystery Guests," adding and adjusting check-in boxes in our online system,
etc.

Rick Anderson
Director of Resource Acquisition
The University Libraries
University of Nevada, Reno      "I'm not against the modern
1664 No. Virginia St.            world.  I just don't think
Reno, NV  89557                  everything's for sale."
PH  (775) 784-6500 x273             -- Elvis Costello
FX  (775) 784-1328
rickand@unr.edu