Fwd: Re[2]: Ascertaining issue usage (Was: RE: Quit Checking In Journal Issues?) Dan Lester 19 Aug 2002 03:27 UTC

Forwarded to the list at David's request.

dan

This is a forwarded message
From: David Goodman <dgoodman@phoenix.Princeton.EDU>
To: Dan Lester <dan@riverofdata.com>
Date: Sunday, August 18, 2002, 6:14:24 PM
Subject: Ascertaining issue usage (Was: RE: Quit Checking In Journal Issues?)

Dan, I cant post from home, so could you please post for me in response to
this:

I am glad to be reminded that, as usual, Dan and I are in agreement.
Although I used his comment as a springboard for my statements, I was
never really in doubt that both feel that one of the most
positive features of the development of electronic resources is the
availability of wider range of resources to libraries of all sorts.

I am glad to have Biosis; I am also glad to have simpler tools on
occasion. And, one of the great benefits of our arrangements with
the aggregators is the availability for undergraduates and faculty alike
of a wide and indestructible range of
materials for  cultural studies that were  previously difficult to
obtain in complete files.

David Goodman
Research Librarian and
Biological Sciences Bibliographer