Re: question about JSTOR -- Dan Lester Stephen Clark 30 Sep 2002 19:47 UTC

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 12:40:53 -0600
From: Dan Lester <dan@riverofdata.com>
Subject: Re[2]: question about JSTOR -- Carol L. MacAdam

Thank you for the added information.  If this was on the website, I
missed it.  I'm glad to know that the ACF is indeed a one time
payment, as that is one of the things that has been of concern here,
as we are going through budget cuts, like so many others.

dan

Monday, September 30, 2002, 8:08:45 AM, you wrote:

When an institution finds it necessary to cease participation in any
JSTOR collection, they simply notify us that they choose to withdraw and
that they will no longer pay the Annual Access Fee for that collection.
We need to have that notification more than 90 days before the end of
the current agreement for that collection.  We will withdraw their
access to that collection.

If at a later date that institution wishes to again participate in that
collection, we will re-license them with the acknowledgement that the
Archive Capital Fee has previously been paid.  The Archive Capital Fee
is truly a one-time only fee.  They will begin again to pay the Annual
Access Fee and will then have access to all the content in that collection.

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan@RiverOfData.com 208-283-7711
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA