FULLTEXT: "Web-based Journal Manuscript Management and Peer-Review Software and Systems -- Gerry Mckiernan Stephen Clark 06 Sep 2002 20:07 UTC

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 12:00:16 -0500
From: "Gerry Mckiernan" <gerrymck@iastate.edu>
Subject:  FULLTEXT: "Web-based Journal Manuscript Management and
        Peer-Review Software and Systems"

                                     FULL TEXT
                Web-based Journal Manuscript Management
                                         and
                     Peer-Review Software and Systems

    I am pleased to announce the FREE availability of one of my recent
articles "Web-based Journal Manuscript Management and Peer-Review
Software and Systems"  _Library Hi Tech News_ 19(7) (August 2002): 31-43.

http://www.emeraldinsight.com/fm=html/rpsv/cw/mcb/07419058/v19n7/s5002/p2l

In recent years, a variety of experimental and commercial systems have
been developed that facilitate the management and review of scholarly
manuscripts for electronic and paper publication. Among the established
and recent Web-based systems are:

·
AllenTrack*
·
Bench>Press*
·
EdiKitSM
·
ESPERE
·
Journal Assistant*
·
Manuscript Central*
·
Rapid Review*

   For each, a brief overview is provided, as is a outline of the
features and functionalities of the system/service, contact information,
Web site, and vendor. In addition, a listing of select journals that are
published using a respective software/system are also listed within each
profile.

    We are most grateful to Eileen Breen of Emerald /  MCB University
Press  [http://www.emeraldinsight.com/] for facilitating access to this
article.

  Enjoy!

/Gerry