Microfilm reader printer upgrade? -- Katherine Hill Stephen Clark 09 Sep 2002 14:13 UTC

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Hill, Katherine" <Hillk@ecc.edu>
To: <SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU>
Subject: Microfilm reader printer upgrade?

We are a community college library with quite a bit of our serials
backfiles on microfilm.  Our students are increasingly relying on full
text services such as Lexis Nexis and Infotrac OneFile.  The microfilm
is used less and less.  In the meantime we have two aging 3M film reader
printers.  We had intended to upgrade to a new machine, but now are
having second thoughts.  Has anyone cancelled all their microfilm
subscriptions?  Has anyone gotten rid of all their film and/or fiche?
We can think of other things to buy with the money a new machine would
cost.  Does anyone have a crystal ball about the future of these
microform collections?
Katherine H. Hill
Circulation/Periodicals Librarian
Dry Memorial Library