Re: Check in/out of periodicals Sheila Corman 09 Oct 2002 22:19 UTC

We're not an academic library, but a special public library (law). We
circulate both bound and loose issues of journals, but don't barcode all
loose issues.

If an issue is being circulated, we barcode it at that time and suppress the
item from public OPAC display. This allows us to use our computerized
system, but not barcode every issue. You might think about doing something
on that order. Once it's barcoded it remains until binding when the item
record is deleted.

Sheila Corman

--
Sheila Corman    (619)531-4448