Re: Full text gaps (Dan Lester) SERIALST Moderator 15 Oct 2002 21:21 UTC

Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 12:36:31 -0600
From: Dan Lester <dan@riverofdata.com>
Subject: Re[2]: Full text gaps (3 messages)

Tuesday, October 15, 2002, 12:05:39 PM, Anneke Houtkamp wrote:

> When the gap covers a longer period such as seems
> to be the case in your example, could that not be a backlog in loading the
> text, or other accidental mistake, comparable to a missed issue in the
> paper version? Could/should the same procedure for claiming the backissues
> not be applied here?

    As I read the original posting, the problems discussed weren't
    with individually subscribed ejournal titles, but with titles
    included incompletely in aggregator databases, such as those from
    Ebsco, Proquest, Gale, Wilson, or whoever else.  In those cases
    they don't seem to be due to backlogs, but, I'm betting, due to
    gaps in contractual arrangements for the title in the database.
    Perhaps a representative of one or more of the aggregators could
    comment on it, since I'm quite sure that all of them monitor this
    list.

    dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan@RiverOfData.com 208-283-7711
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA