Re: Round and Round with Gallup (2 messages) SCHLEICHER, SUSAN 04 Nov 2002 14:10 UTC

EBSCONET now says that Gallup Poll Monthly has merged into Gallup Poll
Tuesday Briefing effective March 2002 issue #38. Don't know if this helps or
not.

Susan Schleicher
Library Technician
Serials Department
Briggs Library
Box 2115
South Dakota State University
Brookings SD 57007-1098
605-688-5568
Susan_Schleicher@sdstate.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcia Tuttle [mailto:tuttle@EMAIL.UNC.EDU]
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 8:54 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Round and Round with Gallup (2 messages)

----------1)
Subject: RE:      Round & Round with Gallup
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 08:17:11 -0500
From: "Rouillard, Marilee" <mrouilla@keene.edu>

The Tuesday Briefing is being published in a fashion similar to the Gallup
Poll
Monthly.  We have April and now August.  They are in the process of printing
May,
June, July, and September.  My vendor is getting lots of calls and has
checked it
out.

From: "Peter Picerno" <ppicerno@nova.edu>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 08:58:15 -0500

You're right, Jeanette, this one's a lot more work - an easier version would
be to charge folks for the year's subscription, publish a few pages of the
first issue, then say, "oops, sorry, that title's dead so we're honoring the
rest of your subscription price with this stuff we're recycling from a
dumpster for the same price" ... this model has a couple of distinct
advantages in that you only have to send out ONE letter, you don't have to
apologize for anything (sort of like companies who pay lawsuit fines but
admit to no wrongdoing!!), and you can send the subscribers almost anything
(including old comic books or phone books) as a substitute for the defunct
title

Peter Picerno