Re: Gannett titles and EBSCO Dan Lester 22 Nov 2002 15:11 UTC

This is typical of Gannett.  They've done the same with all of their
city newspapers.  We used to get The Idaho Statesman (the paper of
record for Boise and the State of Idaho) through Proquest, with
backfiles back to 95 or so.  Now we get them from Newsbank, the new
provider that Gannett has contracted with.  However, the coverage
starts in 99 and is also MISSING three months of papers.  They say
that it was "LOST".  Now I have no clue how you can lose ALL copies of
digital information like this, but it apparently happened.

A friend at Proquest told me that they have backup tapes of it, but
Gannett and their current provider haven't asked for it, or maybe even
thought of asking for it.  I imagine that Proquest won't be real
anxious to provide it for free.

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan@RiverOfData.com 208-283-7711
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA