Re: Price Increases for 2003 (2 messages) Deej Baker 22 Nov 2002 15:49 UTC

We asked Ebsco to give us alerts whenever a title's price increases by 25%.
This is a new service we have requested from them. Our former vendor Faxon had
done this for us for many years. They are emailing this information to our
Acquisitions staff. Faxon used to send us a printed "price increase alert" for
any titles that increased by a certain percentage.

--On Friday, November 22, 2002 8:24 AM -0500 Ian Woodward
<iwoodward@mail.colgate.edu> wrote:

> Our Annual Renewal List also quotes a price of $161.  However, the invoice we
> received from EBSCO lists a charge of $299.  I do think EBSCO might send
> alerts under such circumstances.  Harrassowitz does for price increases that
> exceed 30%.  IW
>
> I. Woodward
> Serials Office
> Colgate University Libraries
> 13 Oak Drive
> Hamilton, N.Y. 13346
> USA
> Ph:  315-228-7306
> Fax: 315-228-7934
> iwoodward@mail.colgate.edu

Deej Baker                      voice:  434-924-4958
Cataloging/Periodicals          fax:  434-982-4579
P.O. BOX 400151                 e:  dbc@virginia.edu
Alderman Library
University of Virginia
Charlottesville, VA  22904-4151