Re: Obvia proxy server and Serials Solutions Bob Scheier 09 Dec 2002 18:29 UTC

I called Serials Sol. and asked about this. They made a copy of our profile
and called it NYIT (off campus). Now when I make a change I just make sure
to update both profiles. The off campus profiles has the proxy field filled
in which for us is:

http://208.34.222.223/bin/rdas.dll/RDAS_SVR=

This then gets appended to all the links as it should for off campus
linking. So for example our link to

ACM SIGPLAN Fortran Forum

    from 12/01/1982 to 04/01/2002 in ACM Digital Library in ACM Digital
Library

with the link looking like this:

http://208.34.222.223/bin/rdas.dll/RDAS_SVR=portal.acm.org/browse_dl.cfm?lin
ked=1&part=newsletter&idx=J286&coll=portal&dl=ACM&CFID=4668076&CFTOKEN=83022
933

Hope this helps.

Bob
=====================================
Robert H. Scheier
Serials/ILL Librarian
New York Institute of Technology
Wisser Library
Wheatley Rd., P.O. Box 8000
Old Westbury, New York 11568-8000
Phone: (516) 686-7624
Fax: (516) 626-2914
Email: rscheier@nyit.edu
Library Web Site: iris.nyit.edu/library
College Web Site: www.nyit.edu

"I knew that I could never again raise my voice against the
violence of the  oppressed in the ghettos without having first
spoken clearly to the greatest purveyor of violence in the world
today -- my own government. For the sake of those boys, for the sake
of this government, for the sake of hundreds of thousands trembling
under our violence, I cannot be silent. "

-- Martin Luther King from his speech, Beyond Vietnam:  A Time To
Break Silence," Riverside Church, New York City 4 April 1967