Faxon/Rowecom/divine (2 messages) Marcia Tuttle 19 Dec 2002 20:17 UTC

----------1
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 09:33:18 -0500
From: Sarah Stevens-Rayburn <mdba@stsci.edu>
Subject: Faxon/Rowecom/divine

I am curious to know if ALL of Faxon's customers have been
affected by this non-payment or if it's just selected institutions.
If you are a Faxon customer who has NOT been notified that payments
have not been made, may I ask you to contact me at library@stsci.edu ?
I'll summarize the responses for the list if there is interest.

thanks,
Sarah
--
Sarah Stevens-Rayburn, Librarian        email:  library@stsci.edu
Space Telescope Science Institute       telephone:  410-338-4961

----------2
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 13:05:26 -0600
From: Karen Hogan <hogan@augsburg.edu>
Subject: re: Faxon/Rowecom/divine in financial distress

Another one in the same leaky boat..........

We have been making payments, yet the status is still "open". I have
700 titles that are expiring at the end of the month, this is not
good!

When more than one publisher callled me to ask why I had not renewed
this year, I started to get suspicious.  I checked the status of my
subscriptions and everything that we did not cancel this year is
showing "invoiced not ordered".

The other libraries in my consortium use Ebsco, maybe it is time for
me to jump ship as well.

Karen P. Hogan
Serials Department
Augsburg College Library