Faxon/Rowecom/divine alternative vendors (2 messages) Birdie MacLennan 20 Dec 2002 21:32 UTC

2 messages, 119 lines:

(1)-------------------
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 13:47:41 -0500
From: "Lynda J Garrett" <lynda_garrett@usgs.gov>
Subject: Faxon/Rowecom/divine alternative vendors

Dear Pat,

The Library of Congress, FEDLINK, has four subscription agent contracts in
place for Federal libraries to use.  One is with divine.  Here are the
other 3 that you might wish to contact.

Swets Blackwell Inc.
http://www.blackwells.com

Swets/Blackwell's Information Services(BIS) offers federal libraries the
full range of library subscription services and a complete offering of
management reports, automated subscription services, including online
access to the Blackwell computer, and a local microcomputer check-in
service. Swets/ Blackwell's Information Services will enter orders for new
and renewal subscriptions to single or multiple addresses for domestic and
foreign serials and for related services.
      Sharon Murphy
      160 Ninth Street
      PO Box 1459
      Runnemede, NJ 08078
      (800)645-6595

American Overseas Book Company, Inc.
http://www.aobc.com

The American Overseas Book Company (AOBC) offers to enter new and renewal
subscriptions to single or multiple addresses for domestic and foreign
serials. AOBC will accept orders via telex, telephone, mail or fax (phone
access 8AM - 7PM, EST, Monday - Friday). American Overseas Book Company
offers check-in and shelf-ready processing services, data for local
systems, and other automated services.

    * Cicely P. Marks
      Suite T13
      9900 Georgia Avenue
      Silver Spring, MD 20902
    * 301-589-6850
    * 301-589-6842 fax aobc@erols.com

EBSCO Subscription Services
http://www.ebsco.com

EBSCO offers to enter new and renewal subscription orders and make
payments, as instructed, to publishers throughout the world for serial
literature available to agencies on subscription terms. Orders can be
maintained for single or multiple addresses, for domestic and foreign
titles. EBSCO's EBSCONET OSS automated serials subscription service is also
available.

    * Lori Soullirer
      2801 Youngfield Street
      Suite 120
      Golden, CO 80401-2264
    * (800)727-1077X750

So far we have not had any official word from FEDLINK to Federal customers
of divine.  I am very anxious to know what will happen at this critical
time of the subscription year.

Lynda Garrett, Librarian
USGS Patuxent Wildlife Research Center
12100 Beech Forest Road
Laurel, Maryland 20708-4030
Lynda_Garrett@usgs.gov
http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov
Phone: 301 497-5550
Fax: 301 497-5545

(2)-------------------
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 14:01:23 -0500
From: "Deborah Jensen" <jensen@bostonathenaeum.org>
Subject: RE: Faxon/Rowecom/divine (3 messages)

I use & am very happy with:  SwetsBlackwell.  I use them for all my
subscriptions I place with a vendor- foreign AND domestic.  Personally, I'm
concentrated with the Oxford office (the original BHBlackwell office where I
had my account before the Swets buy-out).  But there are offices in several
locations-to please us all!  AND they have a lot of the names & faces in
service and sales and other areas that many of us know & respect.   Good
luck with the transfer/what-have-you if you are looking for a new vendor.

Deborah K. Jensen

Deborah K. Jensen
Serials Librarian
Library of The Boston Athenæum