Re: Journal Webcite Rosie Croft 28 Jan 2003 20:08 UTC

Hello,

We signed up with JournalWebcite about 4 months ago, and we have noticed a
marked (negative) change in their customer service since about Christmas as
well. I was beginning to suspect that they might be experiencing
financial/organizational difficulty, and you seem to be confirming my fears.

We would also appreciate hearing from anyone with more information.

Regards,
Rosie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rosie Croft, MLIS
Librarian
Royal Roads University Library

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Ferguson [mailto:mferguson@cse.edu]
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 7:46 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Journal Website

Dear listservers:

Does anyone have any information on the status of Journal Website.  We were
interested in using them for our ejournal management service but I have not
received any responces from recent calls and emails I have sent them.  Their
toll free tech support number has been disconnected, though there now is a
message on their sales number.   Additionally, I went down to the ALA
conference in Philadelphia assuming they would have a booth in the
exhibitions room, and indeed they were listed.  But when I went to the
location where they were supposed to be there was just a blank space.
If there are any serials librarians out there using their services are they
still functioning as normal?  If anyone else has any additional information
on them I would certainly be interested.

Mark Ferguson
Serials librarian, Mahoney Library, College of Saint Elizabeth