Re: PO # on the inside of Serials Sharon Wieczorek 07 Jan 2003 15:35 UTC

Hi Mykie,

Our library does not put any PO #'s on serials.
But whenever I get "it's always been done that way", I ask how or who uses this
information in this way. If there is no way the information is being used from
that process, then I ask why do it? This usually gets people to think about
what they are doing and why instead of just doing it automatically. Most of the
time the person or department will see that they need to change the way they
are doing something without being forced to change.

Hope this helps.

Sharon Wieczorek
Serials Supervisor
Mercyhurst College