Re: TDR: The Drama Review, cataloging question (Bobby Bothmann) Paula Coulthard 22 Jan 2003 18:22 UTC

After reading about this title again, I decided to check our catalog.  We
had cataloged the title change many years ago using the OCLC record
#17893778, it had a 130 uniform title: TDR (Cambridge, Mass.).  This was at
some point merged into the record for the previous title!!  So, I will have
to do some editing in our database as well as in the Union listing
subsystem.

Paula Coulthard
UNI

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shana McDanold" <smcdanol@LIBRARY.WUSTL.edu>
To: <SERIALST@LIST.UVM.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 11:28 AM
Subject: Re: TDR: The Drama Review, cataloging question (Bobby Bothmann)

I hope I'm not slow on the uptake here, but I don't remember seeing a

Using the OCLC# in the 785 (succeeding entry) field I found a record for
1988 on.  The ISSN you list is in a subfield y of the 022 field.  The
record is OCLC# 50670623.  The record was created in Sept. 2002.

And thanks for pointing this out!  I looked in our catalog and realized
that we didn't catch the title change so now I get to correct it.

--Shana McDanold

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 ERCELAA@CTRVAX.VANDERBILT.EDU wrote:

> Subject: TDR: The Drama Review, cataloging question
> Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 13:50:12 -0600
> From: "Bothmann, Robert Louis" <robert.bothmann@mnsu.edu>
> To: <serialst@list.uvm.edu>
>
> I need some help with the title TDR: The Drama Review, ISSN 0012-5962
>

> If you look at OCLC #2268763, you will see that the title is
> closed/ceased in 1987 with v.31.
>
> There is also no succeeding entry and no OCLC record for the print title
> supposedly beginning in 1988.
>

> There is a successive entry for the title v.32 (1988)- but only for
> microform OCLC #42314283, #18713245 for the fiche, #34617219, #19638792
> for the film.
>
> I have v.31 & v.32 on my desk.
>
> For v.31
>
> Cover says: TDR The Drama Review.
>
> Title page says: TDR The Drama Review
>
> Masthead: "The Drama Review is published quarterly..."
>

> For v.32
>
> Cover says: TDR
>
> Title page says: TDR The Drama Review: A journal of performance studies
>
> Masthead: "The Drama Review (ISSN 0012 5962) is published quarterly..."
>

> This does not look like a title change to me. We either need to open the
> original record (#2268763) so that it is current, or create a new record
> for v.32 (1988)- for the paper.
>
> The record with a cease of 1987 also has a few URLs for full text, but
> full text starts much later than the cease year on the record.
>

> So, if this record should not be ceased, could someone with the ability
> to lock and replace the record make the changes. Or if there should be a
> new record, let me know, and I'll create it since I have the "first"
> issue on my desk now.
>

> Or tell me what I'm missing!
>

> Thanks,
> Bobby Bothmann

> Robert Bothmann
>
> Electronic Access/Catalog Librarian
>
> Minnesota State University, Mankato
>
> Voice: 507-389-2010
>
> Fax: 507-389-5155
>
> mailto:robert.bothmann@mnsu.edu

Shana L. McDanold                       Phone: (314) 935 4820
Catalog Librarian                       Fax: (314) 935 9890
Washington University Libraries         E-Mail: smcdanol@library.wustl.edu
Campus Box 1061
One Brookings Drive
St. Louis, MO  63130-4899