Re: Journal use studies -- Dan Lester Stephen Clark 28 Feb 2003 19:31 UTC

Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:09:30 -0700
From: Dan Lester <dan@riverofdata.com>
Subject: Re: Journal use studies -- Fran Springer

This works for us at Boise State, and is really independent of whose
product you're working with:

1. Bound volumes have their own barcode numbers.
2. Unbound issues are not barcoded.
3. Unbound are stored on flat shelves with labels for each title.
4. The label includes title and a barcode.
5. When you pickup five copies of SI from around the building, you put
them back on the shelf and "zap" the label five times.

So, you get usage of both bound and unbound items.

Let me know if you have more questions.

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan@RiverOfData.com 208-283-7711
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA