Re: Binding groups - how to? (3 messages) Linda Grooms 05 Feb 2003 22:02 UTC

We put notes on our checkin record about binding segments. Ex: "Bind
Jan-June, July-Dec." or "Bind each volume", etc. Since checkin, journal
processing and binding are the responsibilities of different people, we use
a binding "flag" to carry the message through the department workflow. When
the first issue of a binding segment is checked in, a flag is inserted in
the issue. After student assistants process the journal for use, they give
it to our bindery clerk, who notes that it is time to bind.