Re: Price projections for 2004 -- Kim Maxwell Stephen Clark 20 Feb 2003 16:17 UTC

Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:58:51 -0500
From: Kim Maxwell <kmaxwell@MIT.EDU>
Subject: Re: Price projections for 2004 -- Lisa Blackwell

Lisa,

Where in this article do you see a projection of 15%?  I don't see it
anywhere...

In terms of the "who's going to buy Faxon" situation, I do think this
article is now somewhat dated.  It mentions the "planned sessions" to
discuss the situation at the MidWinter meeting in late January, and has no
up to date information on EBSCO's plans to buy Faxon (and the fact that
SwetsBlackwell pulled out of those negotiations weeks ago).  If you're
looking for more up to date information, see
http://www-us.ebsco.com/home/whatsnew/press.asp.  This has nothing to do
with price projections, but does have the most recent information I've
seen on EBSCO buying Faxon.  I haven't seen anything yet on price
projections
for 2004.

Kim Maxwell
Serials Acquisitions Librarian