Re: Sports Illustrated -- Melissa H. Fayad Stephen Clark 24 Feb 2003 20:54 UTC

From: "Fayad, Melissa H." <FayadM@missouri.edu>
To: "SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum" 2

How about the National Geographic Swimsuit edition?  Did anyone get it
with their standard subscription?

Melissa H. Fayad
Technical Services Assistant
University of Missouri-Columbia
Law Library
224 Hulston Hall
Columbia, MO  65211-4190

(573) 884-4455 (voice mail available)
fax (573) 882-9676
http://www.law.missouri.edu/library/

Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 13:59:45 -0600
From: "Schaubhut, Diana" <DSchaubhut@olhcc.edu>

Hello,

I put the swimsuit issue out on our shelves, but I security strip it.

Diana

Diana Schaubhut
Serials/Interlibrary Loan
Blaine S. Kern Library
Our Lady of Holy Cross College
4123 Woodland Drive
New Orleans, LA 70131
phone:  (504) 398-2103
fax:  (504)  391-2421
dschaubhut@olhcc.edu
a ministry of the Marianites of Holy Cross

2)------------------------
Subject: Sports Illustrated answer
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 15:14:12 -0500
From: "Lynne Stevens" <lstevens@rmwc.edu>

Well, "sports fans," I did get a phone message from Sarah at SI while I
was at lunch.  She gave me issue numbers, but not dates.  We also just
received the next issue, with a number and date, so here's what I've
pieced together:

Michael Jordan issue: no.6 (Feb 17)
Swimsuit issue: no.7 (Winter 2003)  If your system, like ours, needs a
month and day, give it an arbitrary date.
Baseball Spring Training issue: no.8 (Feb 24)

Max Schenk, I applaud your efforts to look carefully, repeatedly,
through the Swimsuit issue to find the number.  Dirty work, but someone
has to do it, right?  In answer to your question, yes, we do put it out
on the shelf.  Of course, we are a women's college, so we don't worry
about it disappearing or being cut up for pin-ups.  I always half-expect
one of our ultra-feminist students to object to it, but that hasn't
happened.  My objections to the issue are two:  the hassle created by
its not having printed enumeration and date chronology, and the ghastly
smell of the perfume ads.

Lynne N. Stevens

Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 10:59:02 -0500
From: "Lynne Stevens" <lstevens@rmwc.edu>

The Swimsuit issue contents page says "Double Issue," but I cannot
find date(s) or number(s) anywhere in it.  I have sent an e-mail and
left a phone message (took three phone calls to get to the right place
to even leave a message) requesting such information for both this issue
and the following one.  When (if?) I receive a response, I'll forward it
to the rest of you.

Lynne N. Stevens
Serials Coordinator
Lipscomb Library