Re: Subject listing of electronic journals -- 2 messages Stephen Clark 31 Mar 2003 16:04 UTC

2 messages:

1)-----------------
Subject:  Re: Subject listing of electronic journals -- Patricia Thompson
From:  "Sandhya D. Srivastava" <LIBRSDS@Mail1.Hofstra.edu>
Date:  Mon, 31 Mar 2003 09:01:52 -0500

Patricia

You could create your own Access 2000 database of all your current
titles and as one of your features have primary and secondary collection
codes.  You will then be able to create program lists with pricing
information and user stats as well. These types of databases are also
good for creating accreditation lists for programs as well.

Sandhya Srivastava
Assistant Professor
Serials Librarian
Hofstra University
(516) 463-5959
Email: librsds@hofstra.edu

2)-----------------
From:  Marcella Lesher <acadmarc@STMARYTX.EDU>
Date:  Mon, 31 Mar 2003 09:00:56 -0600

I'm not sure if this is quite what you are looking for but if you use
the aggregator databases from EBSCO they group their titles into broad
subject areas. You can see them at http://www.epnet.com/titlelists.asp

Marcella Lesher
Periodicals Librarian
Blume Library
St. Mary's University
San Antonio, TX

<<<<<<<   >>>>>>>>>>>
Subject:  Subject listing of electronic journals
From:  Patricia Thompson <pthompso@sewanee.edu>
Date:  Fri, 28 Mar 2003 11:32:05 -0600

Does anyone know of a way to get a listing of electronic journals in
broad subject categories appropriate for the various academic
departments on campus? I know this question is pretty vague. For the
ones that are in the OPAC, I know I could set up subject headings for
them. However, we do not load marc records for ALL of the journals we
have access to in aggregator databases. We use the Serials Solutions A-Z
list product. I do plan to ask them about supplying a subject list, but
if anyone has made a wonderful discovery or if I am just ignorant about
some wonderful method (which is entirely possible), please share your
knowledge with me!

Pat Thompson

Patricia R. Thompson
Head of Cataloging