RoweCom situation -- Amanda Myers Stephen Clark 10 Mar 2003 13:46 UTC

Subject: Rowecom situation
From: AmandaMyers@ferris.edu
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 15:13:13 -0500

Hello,

We are trying to get a sense of whether or not it is in our best
interest to participate with the arrangement with EBSCO, which may
require waiting until April until they have received responses from all
of the publishers.  Divine handled not quite 600 of our subscriptions.
We're considering ordering direct at this point to avoid missing any
more issues and having to wait to hear which publishers are willing to
participate with the arrangement.

How are other libraries out there planning to proceed?  The signed
letter of agreement was requested by March 15th and we don't feel that
we currently have enough information to commit to participating.

Amanda Myers
Serials Librarian
1010 Campus Drive, FLITE 208
Ferris State University, Big Rapids, Michigan 49307-2279
email: myersa@ferris.edu
phone: (231) 591-3012  fax: (231) 591-3724