Re: Faxon and claims -- Barbara Dietsch Stephen Clark 11 Mar 2003 21:10 UTC

Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 14:50:45 -0500
From: Dietsch.Barbara@epamail.epa.gov
Subject: Re: Faxon and claims -- Brigette Felix

I'm waiting until our EBSCO contract is in place before I begin claiming
missing 2003 issues from them.

I did go through with a fine-toothed comb to claim all of our
outstanding missing issues from Faxon.  I tried to do this quickly since
I wasn't certain how long the customer service department remained
intact.  Our account representative has left, but we have had good
response from our "new" rep.

barb

*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,
  Barbara Dietsch, Serials Coordinator
  EPA Library - UNC Contract Staff
  109 Alexander Drive (C267-01)
  Research Triangle Park, NC  27711
  919.541.0726
  dietsch.barbara@epa.gov
*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,

From: "Brigette Felix" <bfelix@tln.lib.mi.us>
Subject: Faxon and claims
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 11:58:03 -0500

Hello,
The Library Network was a recent customer of Faxon.  Upon hearing rumors
of trouble at Faxon, The Library Network submitted subscription renewals
to Faxon, but did not send payment for them.  Due to the problems that
cropped up at Faxon, many titles for 2003 are being claimed by our
system.  Since we did not submit payment for these titles, these claims
shouldn't be submitted.

Is anyone else incurring a similar situation? If so, how are you
handling these claims?

Any suggestions on how to best handle the claims for these items would
be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Brigette

Brigette Felix        Automation Librarian
bfelix@tln.lib.mi.us  Shared Automation System
(734) 281-3830 x137   The Library Network