University of Nebraska Scholarly Communication Symposium -- Maggie Rioux Stephen Clark 03 Apr 2003 22:01 UTC

Subject:  University of Nebraska Scholarly Communication Symposium
From:  Maggie Rioux <mrioux@whoi.edu>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 16:34:41 -0500

Dear Colleagues:
    It is my pleasure to invite you the University of Nebraska-Lincoln
University Libraries Scholarly Communication Symposium at 1:00 – 3:00
p.m., May 2, 2003 in the Nebraska Union.  For nearly a decade the
University Libraries has hosted an annual symposium dealing with
different aspects of scholarly communication.  This year we have
organized a program exploring the trends in scholarly communication. Two
nationally recognized authorities:  Julia Blixrud and Richard Fyffe,
will share their perspectives on scholarly communication, particularly
the roles of faculty and librarians in promoting and supporting the
electronic journal environment.   Julia Blixrud, a NASIG member, has
been with the Association of Research Libraries (ARL) since 1996,
serving now as Director of Information Services and as the Assistant
Director for Public Programs for SPARC, the Scholarly Publishing and
Academic Resources Coalition.  Richard Fyffe, is Assistant Dean for
Scholarly Communication at the University of Kansas Libraries.
    This year’s symposium on May 2, 2003 in the Nebraska Union/Library
Instruction Room is co-sponsored by the North American Serials Interest
Group (NASIG).
    I encourage you join us for this timely program.  Please contact Jan
Medcalf, in the University Libraries’ Dean’s Office, at 402- 472-2526 or
via email at JMedcalf1@unl.edu by April 29, 2003 to register.

Maggie Rioux
NASIG Publicist