Re: National Geographic maps -- 6 messages Stephen Clark 09 Apr 2003 19:56 UTC

6 messages:

1)-------------------------------------

Subject:  RE: National Geographic maps -- Elizabeth Koon
From:  "Haskell, Marilyn M." <Marilyn.Haskell@sdsmt.edu>
Date:  Wed, 9 Apr 2003 10:35:34 -0600

We enter them as a supplement - MAPS - and then put them in pam boxes on
the shelves just before the magazine.

  Marilyn Haskell
  Serials Supervisor
  Devereaux Library
  South Dakota School of Mines & Technology

2)-----------------------
From:  "Margy E. Gwozdz" <Margy.E.Gwozdz@williams.edu>
Date:  Wed, 09 Apr 2003 12:36:27 -0400

Hello,
    We hold the maps in our office until we bind the volume, then have
the binder add a pocket and put them in.

Margy Gwozdz
Williams College Library

3)-----------------------
Subject:  RE: National Geographic maps -- Jeanette Skwor
From:  Anne McCaffrey <McCaffrA@dowling.edu>
Date:  Wed, 9 Apr 2003 12:43:20 -0400

Hi, All!

    We stamp and tattle-tape them and attach a label which reads "Please
check out enclosed map separately." to the relevant issue.

    Have a good day!

    Anne McCaffrey
    Senior Library Assistant/Serials
    Dowling College, New York

4)------------------------
From:  Rosie Croft <Rosie.Croft@RoyalRoads.ca>
Date:  Wed, 9 Apr 2003 09:59:12 -0700

We attach an envelope to the inside of the back cover, put the map in
there, and note in the system that the item has multiple pieces.

Cheers,
Rosie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rosie Croft, MLIS
Librarian
Royal Roads University Library
2005 Sooke Rd., Victoria, BC   Canada V9B 5Y2
(250) 391-2600 ext 4128            FAX: (250) 391-2594

--

5)------------------------
From:  "Tuscano, Theresa" <ttuscano@ursinus.edu>
Date:  Wed, 9 Apr 2003 13:55:01 -0400

We send them to our reference department and they add them to their map
files.

Theresa Tuscano
Periodicals/Government Documents Assistant
Myrin Library
Ursinus College
P. O. Box 1000
Collegeville, PA 19426
(610) 409-3607, ext. 2292
mailto://ttuscano@ursinus.edu

Subject:  RE: National Geographic maps -- Betty Dickie
From:  "Mack, Shelley" <Macks@ndu.edu>
Date:  Wed, 9 Apr 2003 15:29:01 -0400

We here at the National Defense University in Washington, DC - pull the
maps -  catalog them using an in-house call: MAPS VF NATI GEOG YEAR
(first 3 letters of month all in upper case). They are shelved the
vertical file. Each map has a security stripe and barcode. No holdings
symbol on the OCLC record. They are none circulating.