Publishers refusing to deal with a jobber (Dustin Larmore) SERIALST Moderator 22 May 2003 01:31 UTC

Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 16:38:13 -0500
From: Dustin Larmore <dustin.larmore@dsu.edu>
Subject: Publishers refusing to deal with a jobber

We recently received notice that a publisher for one of our journals
(Gifted Child Quarterly) will no longer accept orders through a vendor
(e.g., EBSCO). We will have to order directly from the publisher. I assume
that this change results from the divine/RoweCom mess.  Has anyone else
experienced this situation with other publishers?  Is this change of
policy a developing trend?  I certainly hope not.  We are already swamped
with work as it is without having to order all serial titles individually.

Dustin Larmore (dustin.larmore@dsu.edu)
Instructor and Technical Services Librarian
Karl E. Mundt Library
Dakota State University
Madison, SD  57042-1799
Office: (605) 256-5204