Re: How to obtain Chronologies -- Noreen Fish Stephen Clark 23 Jun 2003 14:35 UTC

Subject: Re: How to obtain Chronologies -- Martin House
From: Noreen <nrf@lacrosse.lib.wi.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 09:15:08 -0500

We migrated from Dynix to Horizon in January of 2002.  Most of the
serials information migrated just fine, although there were a few
sticking points.  One of the problems I remember was that Horizon wanted
every quarterly to begin the volume year with the Spring issue and if it
started with Winter instead it would screw up the prediction.  There
were a few other cases where we had to fix the records, but I can't
remember too many specifics.

Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to figure out chronologies other
than by checking the magazines themselves.  We only have three locations
and the two branch libraries don't have many unique titles, so it wasn't
such a problem to get our hands on the magazines.

--
Noreen Fish                                 e-mail:
n.fish@lacrosse.lib.wi.us