Call for Papers -- Glenda M. Alvin Stephen Clark 25 Jun 2003 14:08 UTC

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Call for Papers
From: "Alvin, Glenda M." <galvin@Tnstate.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 07:57:25 -0500

This message is cross-posted:

Against the Grain is a journal that primarily deals with issues
concerning acquisitions, serials, collection management, and publishing.
It is indexed in Library Literature, LISA, Ingenta, BUBL, and The
Informed Librarian. I have been asked to be the guest editor for the
February 2004 issue.  My topic will be: Collection Management Issues in
HBCU's and Africana Studies Collections.

I would like to hear from writers who work at HBCU's or with large
Africana Collections in public libraries and museums.  I will need 4-6
articles of about 1500-2000 words. The Against the Grain editor, Katina
Strauch, would prefer that the articles be in Microsoft Word format with
footnotes in Turabian style. The articles will be refereed by myself and
Pamela Theus, Assistant Director of Technical Services at William
Paterson University in New Jersey. Sample articles can be found at
www.against-the-grain.com <http://www.against-the-grain.com/> .

If you are interested, please send me a brief proposal (150-200 words)
about the subject of your article.  The deadline for the proposals will
be July 25th.  The deadline articles will be the fourth week in October
2004.

Thank you.

Glenda Alvin
Coordinator, Collection Management Dept.
Brown-Daniel Library
Tennessee State University
3500 John A. Merritt Blvd
Nashville, TN 37209