Re: criteria to split periodical collection -- Karen Tschanz Stephen Clark 27 Jun 2003 15:50 UTC

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: criteria to split periodical collection -- Cynthia Hsieh
From: "Karen Tschanz" <ktschanz@seyfarth.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 08:46:27 -0500
To: <SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU>

I wonder if the old 80/20 rule applies here, i.e., 20% of all serials
get 80% of use. Seems to me there might be some lists of serials (by
subject field?) out there that would identify those serials, in general,
that are most likely to be of interest to your users. Not my bailiwick,
however, so cannot be more specific. kst

Karen S. Tschanz
Technical Services Librarian
Seyfarth Shaw
Library