What do you do with old microfilm readers? (2 messages) Marcia Tuttle 06 Jun 2003 21:58 UTC

----------1
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 13:11:18 -0500
From: "Urbanik, Elizabeth" <EUrbanik@library.msstate.edu>
Subject: RE: What do you do with old microfilm readers?

Maybe the library world can come up with something like Junkyard Wars for
dead library equipment....

Elizabeth Urbanik, Assistant Professor
Serials Cataloger
Mississippi State University
662-325-7665
eurbanik@library.msstate.edu

"Frugality for the Public is a rare virtue, but when the public Service must
suffer by it, it degenerates into a Vice" -- William Byrd II

Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 14:22:51 -0400 (EDT)
From: Pamela Sue Bruner <pbruner@umich.edu>

We sold our old reader/printer, dirt cheap, by posting an ad on the state
library association listserve (Michigan Library Association).

We didn't make much money, but smaller libraries were able to get
equipment they could not otherwise afford.

Shipping was the biggest concern of the buyers, but since we advertised
through a Michigan organization, most of the buyers were able to pick up
the machine themselves.

Pamela S. Bruner                        telephone: (734) 763-2299
Head of Serials/Microforms Services     e-mail:  pbruner@umich.edu
Harlan Hatcher Graduate Library
University of Michigan