Re: Articles for storage system Erik Arfeuille 19 Jun 2003 12:36 UTC

I found the following articles that might be what you're looking for.

The automated storage and retrieval system (ASRS) in Lied Library / Haslam,
Michaelyn.
//In: Library Hi Tech. - ISSN 0737-8831. - 20(2002)1; p. 71-89.
ABSTRACT: The process of bringing Lied Library's automated storage and
retrieval system (ASRS) online consisted of setting up the system and
storing materials. Setting up the system required defining specifications,
designing a user-interface between the integrated online library system and
the ASRS, training in operation, and preparing for maintenance. Storing
materials required selecting and processing the items to be stored, loading
them into bins, and retrieving them with the system. Library staff spent
countless hours in planning, customizing, preparing data, supplementing
existing data, testing, and learning the system. The time was well spent as
the load process went smoothly with relatively few problems.

This is out of a theme issue about Lied Library. Another article in the same
issue also mentions an automated storage system.

Hope this helps.

Erik Arfeuille

Central Library - Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium - Periodicals
Department