Rolling Stones? -- Nancy Crow Stephen Clark 07 Jul 2003 19:50 UTC

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:  Rolling Stones?
From:  Nancy Crow <crowna@quincy.edu>
Date:  Mon, 07 Jul 2003 14:42:51 -0500
To:  SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU

Hi,
We use a serials vendor for most subscriptions, but I still check
renewal invoices or notices when they come in.  Today we received an
official looking "Notice of Renewal/New Order Offer" for Rolling Stones
from Premier Subscriber Services.

Now I know all serialist on this list caught that title - Rolling
Stones! The periodical we receive is Rolling Stone.  I can only hope
this is not a scam.  If so, it's a new kind of operation of which we
will all need to be aware.   It reminded me of the directory scams which
still contact us.

Nancy Crow, Assistant Librarian
Serials/Interlibrary Loan
Quincy University
1800 College Ave.
Quincy, IL  62301-2699

217-228-5348 (voice); 217-228-5354 (fax)
crowna@quincy.edu
http://www.quincy.edu/library/