Re: Television & Families--OCLC record problem -- Thelma Eckerd Stephen Clark 08 Jul 2003 14:14 UTC

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: Television & Families--OCLC record problem -- Teresa Weisser
From: Thelma Eckerd <Thelma.Eckerd@millersville.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 09:48:20 -0400
To: "'SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum'"
<SERIALST@list.uvm.edu>

Will we get any confirmation of corrections or should I just check the
record occasionally?

I have another "sticky" record/series that is causing some confusion.
Harvard educational review begins according to OCLC # 1587741 at v. 7-
Jan. 1937.  We have bound pieces on 4th balcony beginning with vol.1
(1931). They are labeled at Harvard educational review, but the record
they belong to the previous title.  The sticky part occurs with the
actual pieces.  They have a note inside stating "originally published
as: Harvard teachers record".  The publisher information indicates vol.
1 - 20 are reprints which means we should have a separate record.
Anyway, this is just part of an explanation.  Could you take some time
to check this run of material?  I could pull the volumes and bring them
to you when convenient if that would help.  Or do you have other
suggestions?  Thelma.