Re: United Publishers Network (RE: Rolling Stones? -- Anna Creech Stephen Clark 09 Jul 2003 18:34 UTC

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:  RE: United Publishers Network (RE: Rolling Stones? -- Nancy
Crow) -- Rick Anderson
From:  "Creech, Anna" <Anna.Creech@EKU.EDU>
Date:  Wed, 9 Jul 2003 12:40:08 -0400
To:  "SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum"
<SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU>

I did a little sniffing around on Google and came up with a link to this
website that outlines various magazine sale scams, including this one.
Take a look and be forewarned.
        http://edumacation.com/MagazineSalesScams

Also, here are some tips from the Federal Trade Commission, including
contacts at the bottom of the page if you've been scammed.
        http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/tmarkg/magzn.htm

Anna Creech, MLS
Serials/Database Cataloger
Eastern Kentucky University
(859) 622-3062

"We cannot have good libraries until we first have good librarians --
properly educated, professionally recognized, and fairly rewarded."
     --Herbert S. White