Online serials statistics -- Starla G. Doescher Stephen Clark 14 Jul 2003 15:55 UTC

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Online serials statistics
From: "Doescher, Starla G" <sdoescher@ou.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 10:34:24 -0500
To: "'SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU'" <SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU>

Our library is frequently asked to provide statistics about our serials
collections. In recent years we have been asked for additional
information about our electronic resources. Specifically, how many paid
vs. free subscriptions we have. We have not come up with a good way to
sort out this information. In many cases, our electronic access to
titles comes free with a print subscription. In other cases we pay an
additional fee for online access in addition to a print subscription. In
yet other cases we pay a flat fee to have online access to either a
group or all of a publisher's titles online.

How do other libraries arrive at counts for their online serials titles?

Starla Doescher
Head, Acquisitions Department
University of Oklahoma Libraries
401 W. Brooks