Call for articles: The Acquisitions Librarian -- Nancy Slight-Gibney Stephen Clark 14 Jul 2003 16:16 UTC

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Call for articles: The Acquisitions Librarian
From: Nancy Slight-Gibney <nsg@uoregon.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 09:09:40 -0700
To: serialst@LIST.UVM.EDU

*this message has been cross-posted to several lists*

Call for Articles

An Invitation to write for The Acquisitions Librarian

As a guest editor for an upcoming issue of The Acquisition Librarian, I
would like to invite you to submit an article for publication.  The
theme of this issue is financial and operations management for library
acquisitions.  I hope to explore a broad range of business issues
including budgeting, structuring the work, evaluating organizational
performance, and emerging trends and technologies.   My goal is to
provide basic information for new and early career acquisitions
librarians as well as stimulating the thinking of more experienced
colleagues.

Theoretical articles, research reports, and how-toarticles will be
considered.  Articles may be written by individuals or co-authored and
should be roughly 8-20 pages in length.  As usual, this will be
published as a monograph in addition to being a topical issue of the
periodical.

To contribute please submit a brief proposal to me by August 15, 2003.
For more information see:
<http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~nsg/call.html>http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~nsg/call.html

Nancy Slight-Gibney
Director, Budget & Management Information Services
1299 University of Oregon Library
Eugene, OR 97403-1299         voice: 541/346-1831
email: nsg@uoregon.edu        fax:  541/346-3485