Re: Print vs. online serials -- Jean Dartnall SERIALST Moderator 21 Aug 2003 14:31 UTC

Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 08:15:21 +1000
From: Jean Dartnall <Jean.Dartnall@jcu.edu.au>
Subject: Re: Print vs. online serials -- Jessica Orzechowski

Hi Jessica

Does anyone in your library spend time checking access to online
serials?  Even if you have an automatic link checker, this doesn't check
if the title has changed, if the title is behind in publication, if
access has been lost or has changed from the holdings you've recorded or
any of the other things that get checked more or less automatically when
you handle an issue of a print serial. Start doing all this for
ejournals and you have a lifetime's work ahead of you (unless publishers
and aggregators of journals change dramatically soon).

Jean

--
Jean Dartnall
Serials Librarian