European Journal of Cancer Supplements Marcia Tuttle 23 Oct 2003 15:21 UTC

it being complete.

Diane

At 03:06 PM 10/22/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello All:
>
>We just received our October 2003 issue of European journal of Cancer v.
>39(15).   Along with it came Supplements dated September 2003 with
>enumeration of Vol. 1, and we received issues 2,3,4.
>
>The issn is different from the parent journal.  Suppl. issn=1359-6349.
>There is no OCLC Record and no NLM record in the National Library of
>Medicine Catalog.   (GOING TO ALERT STATUS)
>
>I also checked the Elsevier (Pergamon) Journal home page where the
>supplements were not listed.
>
>  I also looked on their separate listing of "Journal Special Issues &
> Supplements"
>The latest item there is Volume 37 issue 10.   The 8 supplements for
>volume 38, 2002 were not there.
>
>Question:  Has anyone received the Supplement Vol. 1, issue 1 (2003) ? ?
>If so, is there a date on it and any information about what it is will
>help us all with our claims.  Please respond to the entire list.
>
>We all "depend on the kindness of strangers"
>
>(anyone know where that phrase came from) ? ? ?
>
>Thanks
>

>John Lucas
>
>Serials Librarian
>University of Mississippi Medical Center
>2500 North State St
>Jackson, MS 39216-4505
>
>(PH) (601) 984-1277
>(FAX)  ( 601) 984-1262
>JLUCAS@ROWLAND.UMSMED.EDU

Diane Paldan
Serials Librarian
Serials/Preservation Team
Resource Services

159 Science and Engineering Library
Wayne State University
Detroit, MI  48202

(313) 577-0222

----------2
Re John Lucas' question (in the post concerning European Journal of
Cancer Supplements):

We all "depend on the kindness of strangers"

(anyone know where that phrase came from) ? ? ?

I believe it is Blanche Dubois' final line from 'A streetcar named Desire' by
Tennessee Williams. (That's how I remember the screenplay from the 1951 movie
version, anyway.)

Regards

Guy

Guy Aron
Deputy Team Leader, Business & Social Sciences
Library Resources & Access Unit
RMIT University Library
Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
GPO Box 2476V