Re: dds spending Bluhm-Stieber, Hella 23 Oct 2003 16:42 UTC

I am working in a medical library at a teaching hospital. We charge only if
the article is not for patient care or hospital business, or if an outside
department/agency is requesting the article. Because of budget cuts we just
instituted a new policy were the first 5 requests per week are free, and
after that the requestor gets charged ($10 per article, $20 for fax).
Hella

Hella Bluhm-Stieber, MLIS, AHIP
Milton J. Chatton Medical Library
Santa Clara Valley Health & Hospital System
751 S. Bascom Ave.
San Jose, CA 95128
(408) 885-5654
Fax (408) 885-5655

-----Original Message-----
From: van Sickle, Jennifer [mailto:Jennifer.Vansickle@TRINCOLL.EDU]
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2003 5:58 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: dds spending

We do not charge for document delivery and do not expect to do so.  We
have been mandated to cancel journals due to budget problems, so we
expect that document delivery will increase.  For us, it is cheaper to
provide ILL than to pay for large numbers of expensive subscriptions.

Jennifer

Jennifer van Sickle
Serials Librarian/Sciences Coordinator
Trinity College Library