Re: Promotion guidelines/criteria Regina McEneaney 27 Oct 2003 15:24 UTC

Here at Suffolk County Community College, L.I. NY, we have faculty rank and
are on a tenure track.  You may want to look at our Faculty Association's
web page for the contract and information concerning promotions.

http://www.fascc.org/

Hope this helps.

-----Original Message-----
From: Donna Skekel [mailto:dskekel@GETTYSBURG.EDU]
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2003 11:35 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Promotion guidelines/criteria

Gettysburg College is in the process of re-evaluating our system for
promotion and classification of librarians and we are seeking input from
other institutions. While we've had some luck finding promotional guidelines
from Universities on the Web, we have been less successful finding
guidelines used by colleges. If any of you have guidelines at your college
that you would be willing to share with us, please let me know. We are
particularly interested in how the positions are classified and what the
requirements are for promotion at the various levels (from Librarian I to
Librarian II, etc.) Librarians here have administrator rather than faculty
status, so we would like to collect information from institutions where
librarians are not on the tenure-track. Any documents, advice, or other
information that you can share will be welcome! You may respond directly to
me rather than to the list. Thanks, Donna J. Skekel Serials/Cataloging
Librarian Musselman Library Gettysburg College 300 N. Washington Street
Gettysburg, PA  17325
(717) 337-6895 (Phone)
(717) 337-8554 (Fax)
dskekel@gettysburg.edu