Re: Periodical Holdings List (5 messages) Bob Persing 06 Oct 2003 16:53 UTC

Message #1:
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 11:44:09 -0400
From: "Max Shenk" <MShenk@mc3.edu>
To: <SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU>
Subject: Re: Periodical Holdings List

We still do a print list, updated every August and distributed both
internally and externally; however, we're looking into distributing next
year's list electronically (probably using Adobe reader). I doubt that
the electronic version will supplant the print immediately, though.

Max Shenk
Periodicals Assistant
Montgomery County Community College Library
Blue Bell, PA
215-641-6597

---------------------
Message #2:
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 10:51:51 -0500
From: koller@hermes.lfc.edu
Sender: koller@hermes.lfc.edu
To: "Washkevich, Peter" <Peter.Washkevich@ERAU.EDU>, SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU

We do it once a year.  OCLC prints out our silo holdings in May (this way all
the new titles,deleted and discontinued will have been updated.  This gives
us a very accurate holdings list.
I am not sure for how much longer we will do this.
Rita Koller
Serials Librarian
Lake Forest College

---------------------
Message #3:
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 11:00:23 -0500
From: "Mays, Allison" <maysap@millsaps.edu>

We used to - now it's part of our Serials Solutions list. We use an
Access database to keep track of all serial titles, payments, etc. and
use this to pull the SerSol print holdings list.

Allison P. Mays
Acquisitions Librarian
Millsaps College
1701 N. State Street
Jackson, MS 39210
601-974-1083
maysap@millsaps.edu

---------------------
Message #4:
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 11:17:03 -0500
To: "SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum" <SERIALST@list.uvm.edu>
From: Anne Frohlich <frohlich@mail.mcneese.edu>

We still print up a list of our print periodical titles and holdings for
use at service points in the library.  We keep it in Word.  This does take
some work, but our reference and serials staff and student patrons continue
to find it useful.

We also keep lists of both our full text holdings and our print holdings on
our web site.
http://library.mcneese.edu/depts/serials/index.htm

Anne Frohlich, Serials Librarian
McNeese State University Library
Box 91445
Lake Charles, LA 70609
Phone: 337-475-5741
Fax:     337-475-5719
http://library.mcneese.edu

--------------------------------
Message #5:
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 12:40:36 -0400
From: Marilyn Gane <mgane@andrews.edu>

Hi Peter

At Andrews University I maintain a print list of titles only (no
holdings) in  subject  order - taken from an EXCEL spreadsheet. This
gives students a quick list to browse if their professor has told them
to find articles in a particular subject area and they're not sure what
the journal titles in that area are.  Our collection is still in
alphabetical order although we are in the process of changing to
classification order.  We use it a lot during the first few weeks of
semester!
It's only updated once a year as our cancellations, new titles take effect.

Hope this helps

Marilyn Gane
James White Library
Andrews University