Re: EBSCO's A-to-Z Journal Service Rosie Croft 08 Oct 2003 23:34 UTC

Hi,

We chose Serials Solutions over Ebsco AtoZ or TDNet, and have been very
happy. Ebsco AtoZ had incorrect information for *their own* databases (could
hardly believe it when we tested it), and the search functionality wasn't as
good as SS. We had a not very good experience with TDNet in terms of
customer service when our JWC subscription died, so wouldn't have gone with
them. The Serials Solutions support team is very good. I strongly recommend
Serials Solutions.

Cheers,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rosie Croft, MLIS
Librarian
Royal Roads University Library
2005 Sooke Rd., Victoria, BC   Canada V9B 5Y2
(250) 391-2600 ext 4128            FAX: (250) 391-2594

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Blackman [mailto:Christine.W.Blackman@WILLIAMS.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2003 6:17 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: EBSCO's A-to-Z Journal Service

I'd like to hear how EBSCO has done on the quality of information
provided. Do people find the coverage date ranges to be accurate? Are
the URLs accurate? Is information about title changes complete (e.g. do
you still get both former and later titles reported when some databases
start to list them all under the new title)? Are there discrepancies
between what is reported on the A-Z list and your actual subscriptions
(e.g. do you have titles to which you should still have access deleted
in updates)?

Thanks,

Chris

Christine Blackman