Re: EBSCONET Martha Coleman 24 Nov 2003 16:32 UTC

I would definitely sign up for Ebsconet.  We like the feature under
"More Information" with checkin dates and info on delayed publications.
 We then know to just bump up the Expected Date and keep an eye on the
title.  I've been working this year on registering our paper
subscriptions for online access and the "Online Availability Report"
has been very helpful.  Of course, every system has bugs and quirks but
we find it very helpful.
Martha

Max Shenk wrote:

>Ebsconet is a boon to claiming... rather than wait till the end of the
>month claims report, I file claims online with Ebsco as soon as I notice
>a missing issue; by the end of the day, I get a confirmation email back,
>and usually by the time I receive their next claim checker (also
>available online, with a slew of other reports) I've received the
>missing issue in question.
>
>I'm sure there are little points everyone would quibble over, but I
>find that the online claiming, the capability to run reports on demand,
>etc, makes it more than worthwhile.
>
>Good luck... if you ever "make sense of all this entails" let me know,
>lol...
>

>Max Shenk
>Periodicals Assistant
>Montgomery County Community College Library
>Blue Bell, PA
>215-641-6597

>Hello everyone,
>
>I hope I'm not asking something that's been asked a hundred times
>before, but here goes.  I recently took over as serials librarian for
>our library (after the retirement of our department head, who oversaw
>serials for MANY years) and am trying to make sense of everything this
>entails.  We receive most of our print publications through EBSCO, but
>up to this point dealing with management of our subscriptions has been
>done by paper or telephone.  I am thinking about using EBSCONET, but
>wanted to know if anyone here has had experience with the system and
>what thoughts you have about it--strengths, drawbacks, etc.
>
>You can email to the list or email me personally if you wish.  Thank
>you in advance for your help.
>
>celia perez
>
>Celia C. Perez, Librarian
>Harold Washington College