Questions about newsletters (2 messages) Marcia Tuttle 14 Nov 2003 17:07 UTC

----------1
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:44:03 -0600
From: Pauline Barbarin <pbarbari@suno.edu>
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] Questions about newsletters

Hi Jean                                        Do you use OCLC,I process
my newsletters like all of the other journals.  On the line, criminal
justice newletter ,etc I hate to fool with newsletters. If  you don't
use OCLC I will be glad  to process it for you. Pauline (SERIAL
LIBRARIAN-SUNO) 504-286-5398
Can someone tell me when it comes to cataloging, is there a definition
or
guidelines for what is considered a newsletter?  I
can't find any mention in AACR2 or elsewhere.

Do any of you include newsletters as part of your periodical titles?
(Titles like "Crime Control Digest" or the newsletters from Harvard or
the
Mayo Clinic.)

Processing of newsletters for display are different than regular
periodicals
because of their format and they are causing us some problems.

Miss Jean Shankle
Periodical Librarian
jshankle@pcci.edu
Pensacola Christian College Library
Box 18000
Pensacola, FL 32523

----------2
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:13:45 -0800
From: Carol Morse <MorsCa@wwc.edu>

We consider them like periodicals. Sometimes we keep them for the
current year only, however.
Carol Morse

Address:
Walla Walla College Library