Re: backfiles of rare titles?? Amy Wood 16 Jan 2004 18:50 UTC

Try

CONDÉ NAST INFORMATION

The Condé Nast Publications
4 Times Square
New York, NY 10036
212-286-2860

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Rick Anderson
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2004 11:15 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] backfiles of rare titles??

> Okay, let the snickering begin.
>
> We have a faculty member that is insistent that we obtain backfiles,
> in color, of Vogue (1891-present) and Harper's Bazaar (1867-).

There's no cause for snickering.  If your library is supporting a
curriculum in fashion design or fashion merchandising or clothing and
textiles or marketing, then you really need to have the print backfiles
for both of those publications.  Microfilm won't cut it, and neither
will online access to the articles -- your students and researchers need
to see the advertisements, and they need to see color and texture.  Good
luck!

Rick Anderson
Director of Resource Acquisition
University of Nevada, Reno Libraries