Re: delays in publication Daniel Jones 19 Feb 2004 17:01 UTC

I routinely use 'consistently running late' as a criterion for canceling
journals during annual subscription review.  This is how I was able to
eliminate most of our Gordon & Breach titles in the 1980's and 1990's in
another position I held at the time.  Titles that are seriously running
behind in their publication schedule go on my "troubled titles" list, and
faculty generally are supportive in canceling them.  Price is less an issue
than the fact that the titles are not producing, and I faculty see this as a
sign that such journals probably don't have a future anyway.

Danny

=======================
Daniel H. Jones, M.L.S.
Librarian
Preston G. Northrup Memorial Library
Southwest Foundation for Biomedical Research
Shipping address:
     7620 NW Loop 410
     San Antonio, TX  78227-5301
Mailing address: