Re: COUNTER standard for statistics (Irma Nicola) P V Picerno 03 Mar 2004 21:18 UTC

Please post your replies to the list since I'm interested in knowing what
others are doing. Having just completed an agonizing couple of months trying
to pull use stats together for our databases for evaluation purposes, I can
tell you that it's not a lot of fun and the results are anything but
precise!

Dr. Peter V. Picerno
Scarborough-Phillips Library
St. Edward's University
3001 South Congress Ave
Austin  TX  78704-6489
512.464.8825
fax 512.448.8737

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Bob Persing
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 1:44 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] COUNTER standard for statistics (Irma Nicola)

Subject: RE: SERIALST Digest - 1 Mar 2004 to 2 Mar 2004 (#2004-43)
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 11:15:55 -0800
From: "Irma Nicola" <INicola@apu.edu>

Serialst,

Does ANYONE out there employ the Counter standard and incorporate their
standardized statistics into a master Database Statistics
spreadsheet/dbase for local "profiles"?

I am extremely interested.

Establishing a practical institutional profile of statistics is
essential to management of eresources for the serials unit. Our interest
in particular is in tracking tends over the course of product
implementation for budget justification purposes.

Irma H. Nicola
Serials Coordinator
Azusa Pacific University
901 E. Alosta Ave.