Re: Title changes and Voyager processes redhead 02 Apr 2004 12:45 UTC

With Voyager, you must approve a Purchase Order to attach to an invoice. Once
the PO is approved you can not make changes.  Because of this (and other
things) we only have one serial title on a PO.

When we discover a title change, a new PO is copied from the old one, the new
line item is added and the old one deleted.  The new serials check-in
component is added to that PO and then the old one deleted from the old PO
before completing the old PO.

For more information see
http://library.ksu.edu/depts/techserv/manual/order_invoice/creating_purchase_orders.html
The graphics are out of date, but the basic information is the same.

>===== Original Message From "SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum"
<SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU> =====
>This is a question for those using the Voyager system.
>We are wanting to make our processes as efficient as possible (don't
>we all!)
>and title changes are under the spotlight.
>
>The Voyager manual is very brief on the subject and as we have only
>been live since January we are rather green.
>This is what we are planning to do and I'd appreciate your comments
>or suggestions.
>
>1. Serial issue arrives at check-in and a change of title is noticed
>2. They pass it to cataloguing staff to determine whether it is a
>title change according to AACR rules.
>3. If new, then cataloguing staff would close our holdings, enter 780
>& 785 linking tags and make a new bib. record and MFHD for the new
>title
>4. When it comes back to serials they close the component pattern and
>'cancel' the line item
>5. Serials adds a new line on the same PO and links it to the new
>bib. record, then creates a new component and selects a pattern.
>
>Many thanks
>Barbara
>

>Barbara Rauch, Acquisitions Librarian
>Auckland University of Technology Library /
>Te Whare Matauranga
>Room W301, A Block
>59 Wellesley Street East,
>Private Bag 92006