Re: Questions on MARC for holdings Sheila Corman 14 Apr 2004 23:00 UTC

Ellen-
   We have a system which supports MARC 21 for holdings. Since our
holdings previously were in the 599 of the bib record and were not
accurate we did not even try to convert them.
    We use MARC 21 for all our holdings and entered them as titles were
checked in. The front end on our system just asks you to select the
enumeration and chronology levels. Then we enter the data and the system
converts it to MARC. We use open-ended runs for ease of updating. We've
been doing this for 2 years with no trouble.

Sheila

--
Sheila Corman                           (619)531-4448